Paul Memorial Library Community Garden
Contact us if you are interested in a plot for 2018!
The gardens are all ready to plant – May 2017 Gardens in June
Gardens in July
In spirit with responsible land use and cultivation of a community effort to local sustainability, the Paul Memorial Library offers up a portion of its generous space to residents for the purpose of an organic gardening experience. This opportunity comes on an annual basis and is available to citizens who have a committed
desire to grow their own vegetables, herbs, flowers or fruit.
The following guidelines have been set to encourage everyone’s success! The library staff and trustees would like to thank participants for their continued dedication.
- Please plant your gardens by the end of June.
- Make sure you turn the water off after you use it. This is really important as the water bill can be our largest expense depending upon how much rain we receive.
- When watering, please be careful not to drag the hose through other gardens and coil the hose back up when you are done using it.
- Do not step in other gardens or pick others veggies unless you ask them.
- Keep your area and the general area free of planting pots, bags, trays, stakes, and trash. There is a trash can you can use, or take used materials with you when you leave.
- Please keep your plants from growing into the paths. If they grow into the path they will be moved back into your plot.
- These are organic gardens. No pesticides or other non-organic fertilizers are allowed.
- At the end of the season you will be responsible for cleaning up your beds.
If you have any questions, problems or concerns please contact the library at 778-8169 or via email email@example.com