We are now offering curbside pickup services. Pickup is available during our regular operating hours Monday through Saturday.
Please note: This service is only available for Paul Memorial Library cardholders. If you don’t have a card and would like one, please call or email and we will assist you.
How it works
- Place a request on up to 6 items by using the library’s online catalog.
Or, if you don’t feel comfortable using the online catalog, call us and we’ll help you find books to read! We’re happy to help you select something to read.
2. We will email you when your item(s) are ready for pickup.
3. Items will be available on the table inside the front door alcove of the library. We will check the item(s) out to you, place your item(s) in a plastic bag with your name on it, and leave the bag on the table.
4. Come to the front entrance to pick up your items (just inside the doorway).
5. Read, enjoy, and return your materials to the outdoor book drop at your convenience.
*If you would like to browse our shelves, please make an appointment and come through our back door entrance by the parking lot. The front entrance is reserved for curbside pickups and deliveries only.*
Please be patient with us because we have limited staff in the building. We may not be able to fill all requests on the same day depending on demand.
How do I request materials on the catalog?
- Go to the library catalog here: https://paulmemorial.biblionix.com/catalog/
2. In the top right corner, log in to your member account using your card number and password.
If you don’t know your membership number, call or email us and we will assist you. Your default password is the phone number you used to sign up for a card (unless you updated it).
3. Browse the catalog listings or search for a specific title. When you find what you are looking for, click on the title. The box will expand to show you the item’s details. (Green box means the item is available. Red means it is currently checked out.)
4. Select the button that says “Reserve this item” (located near the top left of the box).
5. A pop-up will appear for you to select your preferred method of notification (phone call/text/email). Then press “Place reserve.”
We will receive a notification of your request. Once we have processed your request, we will notify you when the material is available for pickup.
What if I don’t know my library card number or password?
Call or email us at 603-778-8169 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. If you know your card number, the password is your phone number you used to create the account (unless you changed it).
How will I know if my materials are ready for pickup?
You will receive an email, text, or phone notification, based on your preference. (You can choose how you’d like to be notified when you reserve books for pickup through the catalog, or when you call/email us directly.)
How do I return materials?
Please use our outside book return located on the front walkway. If the book drop is full, please come back another time and try again. For the safety of our staff and patrons, we will not be accepting book returns in person/at the door.
Is the NH Inter-Library Loan Service available?
No, not at this time. The NH State Library System is not currently operating and we cannot accept inter-library loan requests. You will only be able to request materials from our library’s catalog.
Can you look for specific items or provide reading suggestions?
Yes! Email us at email@example.com or call us at 603-778-8169. We are happy to answer questions and provide recommendations.
What are you doing to protect our safety?
The contactless curbside pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for your safety and the safety of our staff. Staff will use gloves and cloth face coverings when handling materials.
All physical materials returned to the library will be quarantined to prevent the transfer of the COVID-19 virus.
Patrons and staff should not approach one another and respect the need for social distancing. This may feel uncomfortable but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service.
Why are you using plastic bags for curbside delivery?
Plastic bags are a temporary measure to preserve patron privacy, protect physical materials, and limit unnecessary contact. Bags also help separate materials to avoid the need for patrons to sort through items on the pickup cart.