The Friends of the Newfields Public Library of Newfields, NH, continues to support the goals of advancing higher education and literacy for Newfields students by annually awarding the Friends of the Newfields Public Library College Scholarship.
The Friends of the Newfields Public Library has $500 in scholarship money to be awarded to one or two High School graduating seniors (public or private school students) who will be attending a 2- or 4-year college, university or vocational/technical school full-time in the fall and have been a Newfields, NH resident for at least the past six months.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually in June.
- The number and value of the awards will be based upon the number and quality of applications.
- All decisions of the Friends Scholarship Committee will be final. The Friends Scholarship Committee will consist of at least two current Friends of the Newfields Public Library board members and one Newfields community member. All applications will be read anonymously by the committee members.
- The intent for this scholarship money is to provide financial assistance towards the purchase of the recipient’s textbooks or other similar educational fees or expenses.
Scholarship applications must include the following documents:
- A completed application form. Please type or print all information where possible.
- A copy of your high school transcript.
- A copy of your Secondary School Record (resume), which details your in-school and out-of-school activities.
- The applicant may not be a dependent of a Friends of the Newfields Public Library board member, a dependent of a staff member or trustee of the Paul Memorial Library, or an employee of the Paul Memorial Library.
- Applications must be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit applications via Google Form or email to email@example.com using the form below.
Application deadline: Monday, May 1, 2023 by 11:59 pm.